CGI Group Overview
Colonial Group International (CGI) is a Bermuda-based company with operations in Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, the British Virgin Islands, Turks & Caicos and select international locations. With equity in excess of $240 million, CGI manages over $350 million in premium income as well as circa $680 million of pension assets, taking in over $75 million in pension contributions annually.
Products and services are distributed into regional markets by group members, affiliates and agents.
Group Companies include:
- Colonial Insurance Company Limited
- Colonial Medical Insurance Company Limited
- Colonial Pension Services Ltd.
- Colonial Life Assurance Company Limited
British Virgin Islands
- Colonial Insurance (BVI) Limited
- Security & General Insurance Company Limited
- Atlantic Medical Insurance Limited
- Colonial Pension Services (Bahamas) Limited
Turks & Caicos
- Colonial Insurance Brokers Limited
Major insurance risks are supported by European facultative reinsurance markets and the group applies a cautious strategy with reinsurance to maximize protection for clients. In 2006, Colonial supported British Caymanian Insurance in the settlement of over $300 Million in claims caused by Hurricane Ivan (cat 5 storm).